THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
So very, very good news to the San Fernando Valley brethren. There is a new Costco Business Center that opened up in NoHo recently and I made the time to go and check it out. Finally one near us. I was in there for about 2 1/2 hours there was so much coolness.

You can shop there even if you don't have a business membership and buy as much or as little as you wish.

Too much goodness to post but here it goes:

ZqJTPHzh.jpg

Some serious restaurant equipment at very reasonable prices

This griddle was pretty sweet

Q2uibRyh.jpg

Heavy duty mixers, fryers, broilers....you name it it's all there

dy8Y0Adh.jpg

LHa1h6xh.jpg

Even a nice Weber cart?? :heh:

LQ9Lx2fh.jpg

Let's get to the stuff that interests us

Charcoal 40lbs for $13 mesquite. It was a solid bag since I grabbed and shook it and no sound of dust floating in there. You could tell there were some big, solid pieces in there

mhlBwmNh.jpg

Next was the fridge. You def need a jacket to go in there

yZ13UAWh.jpg

Lawd almighty!!! :shocked: Isles and isles of cheeses of all kinds/sizes

EGrvLDVh.jpg

rDhkQqph.jpg

HJUTc2ch.jpg

P3JOwrOh.jpg

Deli meats etc

ZFyNzS0h.jpg

UzmnOSDh.jpg

And the meat :nod:

Briskets choice or prime

zqQvkMDh.jpg

By the case if you want it

ndhXOhkh.jpg

Bone in short ribs

sWPqnyXh.jpg

L6JdviJh.jpg

Beef ribs

QuVbsMUh.jpg

Tri Tip

CyED064h.jpg

Prime subprimal for $10/lb

RAcUCewh.jpg

The pork section :becky: All sort of cuts that you don't otherwise see

aQMuyLXh.jpg

Skinless belly. Cheaper than the regular club

ObIgICDh.jpg

Skin on belly. Not available at the regular club

ZhElG5ih.jpg

Lamb or goat carcasses

cF0gHZBh.jpg

Whole pigs (about 33lbs for $90)

axzUCUth.jpg

Duck

FuzCbH1h.jpg

I mean the list goes on....

What did I come back with??? I have brisket in the freezer but I needed ribs and belly

STL spares :clap2:

ytepECph.jpg

Baby Backs

G3j7T3Gh.jpg

Belly

SAa0Yh9h.jpg

Way cheaper than the regular club. I found my new place to shop from now on. :thumb:

PS

You can also get a free drum if you buy the oil in it. :heh:

EMQUVJZh.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!! I just got back from the Costco out by me and really wish I would have seen this first! The prices are insane good and it looks like I have to do a whole pig now!

WOW!! I just got back from the Costco out by me and really wish I would have seen this first! The prices are insane good and it looks like I have to do a whole pig now!

You gotta get in there Danny! I had the biggest smirk on my face walking through the meat section. :becky:

Sako,

You have performed a valuable service by posting this - thank you! :whoo:

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a couple more chest freezers to fit all the meat I'm going to buy there...:heh:

Sako,

You have performed a valuable service by posting this - thank you! :whoo:

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a couple more chest freezers to fit all the meat I'm going to buy there...:heh:

I'm obligated to spread the gospel Richard. :grin: Oh and they sell chest freezers there too. $139 for real a nice one as a matter of fact because I was considering it. :becky:

Thought it was cool that prime briskets were only ten cents a pound more than choice ones.

Business centers carry meats not found at normal Costco. And prices for the same meats are usually little cheaper than normal Costco. But the best part is what you discovered. Business Costco will discount any expiring meats 40% off its regular price. If you go on the right date and time, you can score some incredible deals on marked down expiring meats. I've gotten inside rounds for less than $2 /lb, top sirloin for $3 /lb, chicken quarters for $0.30 /lb, and boneless short ribs for $3.50 /lb. I just look at it as discounted wet aged beef and buy all the marked down meats whenever I find it out on display. I've gotten pretty good at knowing the date and time my business center marks down the unsold meats and try to schedule my visits to match those dates.

Back