THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastball

Full Fledged Farker
Well....you all will be upset, because I only have before pictures. None after, but I'll hope you'll understand.

For several years now, we get asked to do a couple of Banquets for the High school. The booster club buys all ingredients and we do the cooking and serving. A few people from the booster club do the site prep and help with serving. My wife and I handle all of the purchasing and cooking and getting everything ready to serve, then help with the serving. The pay is excellent.....we get to go to the banquet for free!:lol:

Actually, we do this because this is a public school and a lot of the parents would not be able to attend if they had it professionally catered at $15 a head. The booster club charges $7 per person to cover costs, and always gets a good turn out for the kids.

So....below are pics of 21 picnic shoulders (about 190lbs) that I smoked for 16-18 hours and then we pulled/chopped them. I also smoked chubbs of bologna and sausage (no pics...sorry, but you know what they look like). My wife handled the beans (homemade) and potato salad (store bought) and all of the other odds and ends. So with just the two of us, we were pretty busy and I didn't get time to take after pics (just too much going on).

Same as every other time we've done this, everyone was very complimentary and I can't count the number of people that said that they look forward to these banquets every year due to the quality of the food.

This was for the High School Band Banquet and we ended up serving around 270 or so.

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

now that is what the brethren are all about doing the good deed for the right orginizations

Cngrats to you and your wife for all you did sounds like all was great

smoke brother

Back