I ordered a case of Creekstone Prime Brisket

JAKs Q & brew

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jonah
I need some help brethren.

It's a good problem to have, but I recently ordered a case of creekstone prime briskets. It is getting delivered today.

I was expecting to get around 60lbs in the case. I just got the receipt and it is 101lbs.

I'm assuming it is 6 x 17lbs each. I was expecting to only get 4.

I'm making 2 or 3 for a party next weekend. Was planning to corn another one.

What should I do with the last 2 "bonus" briskets? Thoughts or Suggestions

I've seen items that come (2) per order like butts, or (4) per order like ribs, but you can order a case of briskets, not just specify the number and weight you want?

40# over for packing and ice sounds high. The Creekstone shipping box has an inner Styrofoam coffin cooler, then inside that you get an insulated cold bag, and inside that is your meat and ice packs. Frozen briskets might not need much additional ice like ribs or something.

I've seen items that come (2) per order like butts, or (4) per order like ribs, but you can order a case of briskets, not just specify the number and weight you want?

40# over for packing and ice sounds high. The Creekstone shipping box has an inner Styrofoam coffin cooler, then inside that you get an insulated cold bag, and inside that is your meat and ice packs. Frozen briskets might not need much additional ice like ribs or something.

Good point but I've definitely had excess amount of ice on very big packages. Like 30lbs range. Especially when the package shipped ground with 4 days in transit.

I'm curious now Jak's. Can you snap a pic or report when you get the package?

I'll document it for sure. One thing to note, this was not ordered direct from Creekstone. I ordered it from a local distributor who I know.

I got a great price too.

Oh I see. Makes a difference I suppose. I've only ordered directly from CF. Usually there is six in a case so makes sense now.

If you cannot fit them all in the freezer, they will wet age for weeks. Judge by the bubble size. Bubbles the size of a quarter indicate it might be time to plan a cook. But you're probably good for at least 21 days wet aging.

And I'll take the other one! :thumb:

Thanks fellas, but I'm not worried about getting them all used up. More looking for suggestions

I do plan on ordering more at some point. I'll put some feelers out to see if anyone wants to get in on a case (or two).

I can also get cases of amazing Australian Wagyu at reasonable prices if there would be interest in that sort of thing.

Thanks fellas, but I'm not worried about getting them all used up. More looking for suggestions

I do plan on ordering more at some point. I'll put some feelers out to see if anyone wants to get in on a case (or two).

I can also get cases of amazing Australian Wagyu at reasonable prices if there would be interest in that sort of thing.

Yes,yes there is.Tell me more. As far as your Xtras freeze em for another day.

• Thanks
Reactions: ECB
Corn at least two of them, season and smoke one of the corned for pastrami. You now have the makings for a corned beef / pastrami on rye. Add some beef tongue and you have the trifecta of Jewish Deli sandwiches. Don't forget the Bubbies pickle.

Somebody school me in Creekstone beef.

I can go to my butcher and get Prime aged Angus steaks, tri tip, and brisket, and it is awesome.

What makes Creekstone worth it?

What makes Creekstone worth it?

Being "worth it" is a bit subjective. In general I would say that paying 2x the price for beef doesn't give you 2x as good a product. $165 for a 12-14 on the Creekstone website seems really expensive (3x my local Costco)

However, when comparing high end prime (like Creekstone or other smaller farms) to commodity prime (Costco) I find there are significant differences in texture and flavor.

My past experience with Creekstone is really beefy flavor and much softer fat.

Back