THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boomers bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
ADAM
Ok I got a couple chuck roasts today what is the best way to do these? I want to make some to make BBQ beef sandwiches per wife request and I want to make some burnt ends too. Any help would be appreciated.
Do I do em just like I would do a brisket?

Try this:
BBQ Pulled Beef Sandwich

Ingredients
• 3 1/2 lbs. Chuck Roast
• 1/4 cup Swine Life Prime Beef Rub
• 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Rub
• 16 oz. water
• 1 Tablespoon beef base (Better than Bouillon brand)
• 1/2 stick butter
3. Place roast on pit and smoke for 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until the outer surface is a dark mahogany color.
4. Combine the water and beef base in a small pot over medium heat until it reaches a slight simmer.
5. Place the roast into a 1/2 size aluminum steam pan and pour the beef liquid around the roast reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
6. Place pats of butter on top the roast and cover with aluminum foil.
7. Continue to cook the roast until it hits 210 degrees internal then remove from pit and rest for at least 30 minutes.
8. Carefully remove the riser from the pan and pull by hand. Mix a little if the pan juice with the meat and serve.

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good to me.

Or do it like a pot roast like I plan to do tomorrow. Smoke it for an hour at 275-300 the put it in a Dutch oven or foil pan with a cup of beef broth, a pack of gravy mix stirred into a cup of water, carrots, potatoes, onions and bell peppers then cover and back on the grill for 2 hours or so until the level of tenderness you want. Can be sliced or pulled if you go a little longer.

22604595e8b116e0125a6cf0a36cec74.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to put it into a 5-quart Dutch Oven after a couple of hours after it reaches an Internal Temp of 165-170, then add the liquid and let it go for another couple of hours until it reaches 210+. Then pull it for pulled beef sandwiches.

For me, the dutch oven works much better than the aluminum pan with a foil cover.

Back