THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUB:

(this recipe makes enough rub to season several corned briskets, any leftover can be stored in a zipper baggie in the freezer for several months)

4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper (more if you like it peppery)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons Canadian/Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon paprika
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.​

Thanks Wayne. You the man. :icon_cool

Looks wonderful actually there is no word that can decribe how wonderful it looks All you need now is some Russian Marble Rye

Pastrami!!!!

Got a 13.8 lb Corned Beef Packer in the Backwoods now.(Pastrami mod.)..hickory and cherry wood, it's at 164...want to get it to 170-180... Put it on at 11:20 this AM...it's snowing here...love cooking in the snow....The BWS Fatboy's love snow too....

rub: 1/2 cup freshly cracked white pepper

1 cup freshly cracked black pepper

1 cup freshly cracked coriander seeds

2 TBS Freshly grated Grains of Paradise

2 TBS Granulated Garlic

2 TBS Granulated Onion

4 TBS Paprika

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Not trying to steal your thread...just enthusiastic!!!!

we want pics no pics it never happened :icon_blush:

How often do you all eat pastrami? If I made that much it would go to waste unless you can freeze it afterwards. Is it like any other meat? Just pack it in small food saver bags? Just wondering if you gorge yourself or spread it out over time?

RUB:​

(this recipe makes enough rub to season several corned briskets, any leftover can be stored in a zipper baggie in the freezer for several months)​

4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper (more if you like it peppery)
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons Canadian/Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon paprika

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.​
Thanks for posting that, I picked up a Corned Beef Brisket Flat from Sams and made some of this to rub on there. It's on the WSM now, along with some sausages and some attempted burnt end meaballs.

How often do you all eat pastrami? If I made that much it would go to waste unless you can freeze it afterwards. Is it like any other meat? Just pack it in small food saver bags? Just wondering if you gorge yourself or spread it out over time?

I bet on average I make one for us every 6 weeks or so. We eat it as a main course meat for one meal, then I'll vac seal a chunk and also save a chunk for sandwiches.

When I make them to take to work, I chill them overnight then slice in the morning. The reheating in a microwave is just enough to knock the chill off and turn the fat from "cold white" back to opaque.

I bet on average I make one for us every 6 weeks or so. We eat it as a main course meat for one meal, then I'll vac seal a chunk and also save a chunk for sandwiches.

When I make them to take to work, I chill them overnight then slice in the morning. The reheating in a microwave is just enough to knock the chill off and turn the fat from "cold white" back to opaque.

I want to work where you do. Are they hiring? :wink:

I buy my corned beef by the case at Rest. Depot and do one about once a month... Chill it and slice it on the slicer... Cryosuck it and into the deep freezer... It lasts for months if no one knows it's there....

I do the same warming... just enough so it's warm but not back to cooking again... Still the best is right off the smoker... (Pastrami Pron (Lots of pron) )

I just had a Pastrami sandwhich but it did not look anything like that. I tried doing it once. Was way too salty. I do want to try it again

I think I got it.....I think I got it......I know I got it.​

DSC06738JPGa.jpg

DSC06743JPGa.jpg

DSC06750JPGaajpgaaaa.jpg
That looks fantastic. Was this one finished in the pressure cooker? Looks so moist.

I just had a Pastrami sandwhich but it did not look anything like that. I tried doing it once. Was way too salty. I do want to try it again

Gots to soak it my Brother. :wink: There is a thread in the roadmap on how to do it. I'm just too lazy to look it up for you. I'm sure someone will though.

That looks fantastic. Was this one finished in the pressure cooker? Looks so moist.

DSC06747JPGaa.jpg

Yes, It was a pressure finish. 20 minutes is all it takes. It's about the closest thing I can do at home that is like a steamed deli pastrami. (actually I like mine just as much, but I don't have that deli-atmosphere :biggrin:)

I had pastrami for breakfast and lunch today. It's hard to stay away from it. No pics though, so apparently it didn't really happen.:biggrin:

Back