THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice, although the open face style caught me off guard.... I'm going to make this soon, but take it another level and put it between two glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

****Jeffries-apple-fritta-burger****

Last edited:
Another vote for the Original Sinburger. That captures both the apple reference and denotes the "its gotta be sinful" nature of indulging in something this decadent.

Nice, although the open face style caught me off guard.... I'm going to make this soon, but take it another level and put it between two glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

****Jeffries-apple-fritta-burger****

I didnt eat them open face, I just took a picture with the lid off to show the butter toasted buns and the toppings. The doughnuts sound interesting. I normally add sugar to balsamic reduction but if you leave the sugar out I think the balsamic reduction onions will help keep a balance of sweetness and acid. Post some pictures when you do it.

I had a burger similar to that in a restaurant a few weeks ago. Beef patty, bacon, brie, and slices of granny smith apples. It was called the French Connection.

But...

Original Sinburger...

...this wins my vote too.

I may have to work on some Original Sin Sliders for the bash. How do you do the onions?

I had a burger similar to that in a restaurant a few weeks ago. Beef patty, bacon, brie, and slices of granny smith apples. It was called the French Connection.

But...

...this wins my vote too.

I may have to work on some Original Sin Sliders for the bash. How do you do the onions?

I cook the onions down completely and then add the balsamic vinegar that I used for the apple marinade and more if needed along with a little sugar. Then just let the vinegar simmer down till reduced and thick. If it gets too thick you can add more vinegar. Don't let it go unattended as if it over cooks, it will turn to hard purple plastic like substance that isn't coming out of your pan. You have to be careful with the apples as well. It is the balsamic that browned on the apples and the one time I did the apples indoors on a cookie sheet, they stuck really bad.

The Original Sinburgers it is! This was also the first time I did a reverse sear on a hamburger and it was really good with the added smoke flavor. I did manage to overcook the burgers, but part of that was because I forgot to put the cheese on the patties on the grill and had to put them under the broiler. They still were not dry, and my Wife (being spoiled on great food) liked them.

Well cool! :-D

Appreciate the tips on the reduction too. I've been known to walk away on occasion...I'll be making these. :thumb:

I learned it the hard way. I was making a reduction without onions and let it go attended. It foams up and if you are not there it will go hard. Lucky it was a cheap pot.

Back