THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have to travel for work several times a year so I do look for places to try when away from home.

Last week we had all group scheduled meals and they said BBQ for Wednesday night.
Turned out to be at a golf course and there was no fire or smoke involved. just liquid smoke :puke:

Couldn't down the chicken or ribs. I ate the fish, slaw, and cornbread.

Rule #1: there has to be a cooker and a stack of wood out back

Dickie's has opened up out here in SoCal also. We gave it a try, mainly because it's a name from back home (Dallas), and because many "BBQ" places here cook their ribs in the oven. But they haven't trained the employees how to handle the food properly. For example, ordered sliced brisket and received big chunks that were sliced the wrong way versus the grain. Practically inedible. Won't be back.

That leaves Bad to the Bone in San Juan Capistrano.

Instagram is a wealth of knowledge on Q Joints

Daniel Vaughn the Texas Monthly BBQ editor has IG and Twitter. Pictures mostly with usually a brief one sentence or less quip. He lives in DFW Metroplex. That area has a lifetime of Q Joints to explore

I follow Vaughn on both of his social media accounts but he doesn’t go into all bbq restaurants though. But he’s only one man so I’ll let that pass.

By me there is a glut of new bbq places in NYC. Before we had chains like Dallas BBQ and Famous Dave's.

Now there are the like a of Mighty Quinn's, Hill Country, RUB (righteous urban bbq), Fette Sau (opened by a famous chef on TV) and Dinosaur BBQ.

I'd put my food up against any of them. Good but not great

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back