THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is a great looking sandwich!

Being a NYer, I had never had Tri Tip until a few years ago when Big Brother Smoke, Steph Franklin came for a visit. We were cooking the Battle of The Brethren and I made him cook some for the pot luck that night. I have been hooked ever since.

What did you use to rub them with? I'm using Steph's Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow on them these days in a mesquite fire. Yum!

Looks great, I do ALOT of tri-tip and have come to prefer Prime grade fully trimmed from my butcher. The untrimmed grocery store tri-tip is more tough and more fat that has to be trimmed so it ends up being close to the same price.

Being a NYer, I had never had Tri Tip until a few years ago when Big Brother Smoke, Steph Franklin came for a visit. We were cooking the Battle of The Brethren and I made him cook some for the pot luck that night. I have been hooked ever since.

What did you use to rub them with? I'm using Steph's Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow on them these days in a mesquite fire. Yum!
Thanks. It's become my favorite cut of beef to cook.

I rubbed it down with some Worcestershire Sauce and then some generic steak seasoning I picked up at Costco.

Peppered Cow pairs with tri-tip like it was made for each other. Traditional santa maria style will be different but I cook what I like and have 5lbs of peppered cow in the pantry.

wow my mouth is watering. I kind of want to take my first shot at tri tip this weekend now

BTW: Here is a link to how I cut it. (Yes it's been posted before but it's worth linking again)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmxHmuV4vTU"]How To Carve A Tri-Tip Roast - TVWB - virtualweberbullet.com - YouTube[/ame]

ooohh, I never thought about giving it the gyro treatment. Thanx

I got the idea after eating at a local Mediterranean restaurant. They make a “Shawarma” (their version of Gyro) Sammy that is so good I wanted to duplicate it as best I could. It’s not the same due to different spices and cooking method but it’s pretty darn close and is delicious.

Back