THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.
Nooooi not really but sorta!!

I’ve been on them to make a “mini” but they are busy supporting their current line and I’m good with that…

But the show must go on!?

I needed a pellet grill that would travel as I am done with “portable” charcoal…

(pay no attention to Sissy, she thinks she’s the Queen of the hill of any new box!)

(again Izzy makes an appearance)

So that’s it for this evening…Mrs. 4ever3 and I have to plans, I’ll complete the assembly tomorrow after werk and do the first fire and cook!

I have been kicking one of those around for years. If for nothing more than to cook fresh ribs for my Mom when we go to visit

You do realize that rwalters is going to give you a spanking, just for the title alone. As he should! I'm interested in the type of paddle he's gonna use, and if there's any leather aprons involved. Not even gonna ask what's beneath the apron! :evil:

Last edited:
Congrats on the new portable. Should be fun to learn/use.

Why are you giving up on portable charcoal? What kind of cooker did you use?

I think a jumbo joe would make a great portable and give you the "real" flame flavor with the meat juices hitting the coals.

Had a jumbo Joe and an old smokey liked them both but what I has issue with was temp regulation, grilling was fine but 250° to smoke anything without sitting and regulating, I couldn’t do. As far as “real” flame flavor? I’m over it, actually going to sell Waylon in a couple weeks.

My GMG David Crockett (he hated being called Davy;--) was an awesome little patio cooker. I'm sure they've engineered a better grease drain system by now. If not stay on top of it. Mine plugged rather quickly. It had a lot of capabilities that I never used. Low smoke to nice grill. Easily smoke or heat it up and grill. If I had kept mine I was going to get the elevated grate accessory to get smoked meat a few inches further up.. No doubt your going to enjoy The Trek.

Last edited:
OH NO! Say it ain't so! :eek:

My prediction: You will miss it and return to your senses. Man cannot live without flame cooked meat.

It… Is… So…

Buuuut I have an old original Oklahoma Joe grill that was built in his garage that I will never get rid of if and when I need live fire.

Some pics and some pros and cons…

Pro!

It can all be recycled!

Con… No removable firebox

Pro.. Stainless heat diverter!

Con… The diverter is adjustable, the grill is too small for two zone cooking. May end up welding some stanchions to get rid of the adjustability

Pro… Stainless drip pan

Con… CHROME GRATES!!! Stop IT!!! If we fall in love I’ll weld up a set of stainless grates, but these will werk for now.

Pro and con… She looks good sitting there, no I didn’t build this table for this cooker but it werks! The con is the bail on the grease bucket is too long, but I can fix that.

That’s all folks!

We’ve got plans this afternoon and evening so tomorrow we fire it UP!!!

Bottom line. The cooker is nice, but that's a beautiful companion.
Sissy rules

Thank you Adams, but I’m not telling her…

It’ll go straight to her head.

Back