I do not post this article lighty.

Mike, I read the article in its entirety, and have been hearing that too much char creates free radicals for two or more decades now. I don't lose sleep over it though, as there are many risk factors for cancer. I also take a lot of anti-oxidants, which are excellent free radical scavengers.

"Getting hammered at the BBQ won’t necessarily make you cancer-proof", but then again, it might!

Yep,and if you drink Roundup( glyfosate) at,like a couple gallons a day,it can cause cancer too.Just ask that jury in Califonicationland.:wink:

Sounds like an article promoting smoking food, rather than grilling, and marinating if you decide to grill. I am okay with that. Grilled is good though. I suppose I have a reason to sell a grill and invest in a smoker :clap2::whoo:

So far there is no direct scientific link to Dr. Roher's assertion.
By the way Dr. Roher runs a Botox clinic and the link in his name takes you to his Botox clinic.
Puffy lips anyone?

Digging a little deeper:

"Population studies have not established a definitive link between HCA and PAH exposure from cooked meats and cancer in humans."

You can find that quote here:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet

Best bet is always on moderation.
So I think it's just fine and dandy for y'all to enjoy your grilled steaks, burgers, chicken and beer. Just don't make it the only thing you eat. :-D

Mike, I read the article in its entirety, and have been hearing that too much char creates free radicals for two or more decades now. I don't lose sleep over it though, as there are many risk factors for cancer. I also take a lot of anti-oxidants, which are excellent free radical scavengers.

Amen Richard. I'm just watching these Young Folks coming up on this site. Thought I would post it FYI. After almost 62 trips around the Sun it does not bother me either. :thumb:

Mike, they tell me that I don't have any more pm room to use. I'm 6 mos. from paying next years dues and starting the pm's over. So, if you could pm me with your email number, I'd like to check some details. As you may remember, I'm a cancer survivor and this may be a good study for our forum.

Thinks, Joe

So has anyone done a study of electric, propane, natural gas, briquettes, lump, pellets and stick burner health safety?

I actually eat fairly well. Like today nothing to eat after lunch. Black Cumin Seed Oil twice daily and a B-Vitamin based food enzyme after each of my two meals.

I personally enjoy these type articles

Well here's my non-snarky reply:

With all toxins, it's not the poison - it's the dosage. I constantly see articles claiming that bacon and cured meats contain cancer-causing nitrates, but they always seem to fail to mention that a serving of raw spinach contains more nitrates than a serving of bacon.

I noticed that the article talks about "char", yet I never see the brethren discuss or brag about it here a( a search of this site for "char" returns pages of results for "Char-Griller" and "Char-Broil" brands. Around page 4, I get "char-siu" pork recipes. Char is not a goal for us.

Lastly, I leave you with a story I once heard: Walter Williams is a Nobel-nominated economist from George Mason University. I once listened to him being interviewed on the radio. He was telling the story of going to see his doctor and being harassed about his diet.

He said: "Doctor, do you know what is the worst thing for an economist? To die as an organ donor. Because being an organ donor means that you died with good heart, liver, or lungs and that you didn't eat, drink, or smoke all that you could."

David

I'm more interested in slamming into the next world hollering "What a farkin ride" then I am about "char"..YMMV, lol

-D

Let's dissect the line from that article that says you're 60% more likely to get pancreatic cancer if you eat well done steak.

Right now the average odds for getting that is 1 in 63, about 1.5%. A 60% increase in those odds takes it to 2.5%. Not exactly life altering...

Of course if they wrote an article saying that, most folks would laugh.

Back