Roccbox-Detailed Post

Thanks for the review. I'm curious about the wood burning option. Do you have to detach the gas burner to attach the wood burner?

I looked at the roccbox when they just came out and I liked the look of it. Just mot the prcie!
I eventually bought a 2nd hand uuni 3 and real chuffed with that one (got the pellet burner and gas burner).
Added issue was that the roccbox was too heavy as I emigrated the uuni in my suitcase ;)
Nevertheless, the roccbox looks better and more sturdy, but I believe both make great pizza's and real fast :)

Yes. Pricey for what they are but both work well. I like the Roccbox because of it's traditionally domed shape and no exhaust. Definitely way less portable than the ooni and harder to transport but it's construction is heavier duty. I don't plan to take around much so not a biggie but definitely the ooni if you'll be constantly taking it with you.

Thanks for the review. I'm curious about the wood burning option. Do you have to detach the gas burner to attach the wood burner?

Thanks Grimbo!

You just detach the gas burner and attach the the wood burner. Real easy to do as you rotate and snap the burners on or off the bottom of the oven. I've seen people flip the oven to attach/detach the burners but no need for that as there is enough space at the bottom to change burners out with the oven in its standing position.

One other thing also is the wood burner can burn charcoal as well. People complain on wasting wood to get the oven to temp but I plan to burn mesquite charcoal to warm it up then add wood. Another way is to warm it up with the gas burner then switch to the wood burner. :noidea: I bought their kiln dried wood to get going but eventually will cut down some oak splits to size and use oak for fire. Kiln dried wood burns way faster and maybe why people get upset.

Last edited:
That's what I do with the Ooni, burn charcoal to get it going, then add the wood splits.
Im not sure how big of splits you can put in yours, but I am sure to be sober when I split them up with my hand axe. :mrgreen:

That's what I do with the Ooni, burn charcoal to get it going, then add the wood splits.
Im not sure how big of splits you can put in yours, but I am sure to be sober when I split them up with my hand axe. :mrgreen:

They're small splits about 2x5" max. Won't be doing the "hold my beer..." routine while I split the wood to tiny splits like that. :laugh:

Back