THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think all your suggestions are great. When I debated these same issues 14 months ago, what helped my decision was to decide whether I wanted to prioritize grilling or smoking. If you decide to priotitize grilling, I concluded the Memphis would be best. If you priotitize smoking — which I did — I concluded Mak would be best.

I prefered it over the Yoder because of the reported rust issues and my preference in a pellet smoker for a central fire box + louvres rather than offset fire box and stack. Also, I often leave my Mak out in the weather and its bulletproof. Finally, the programmable controller lets me smoke all night while I sleep.

But, again, all your choices will be great and it looks like you’ve analyzed it thoroughly!

Back