THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I shouldn't have clicked. Never knew I needed the SNS. Now I'm gonna be looking at it until I buy it. :doh: did it come with the new style cover? The old ones always became brittle. The new one I bought is a softer material.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice cook Sako!

I've had my eye on a red head but she's too expensive for my budget!

That is a nice looking Weber. Our Academy doesn't have any of the red limited edition Weber's and I don't know if they ever did.

I bought the SnS when it first came out and have probably only used it once and even then I didn't smoke anything. I also have the griddle.

I bought my PK classic and my Good One Open Range soon after buying the SnS so the only thing I use my Weber Kettles for anymore is cooking wings with the Vortex.

I guess I should get the SnS out and play with it but smoking on the Open Range is so easy that I just use it all of the time.

I shouldn't have clicked. Never knew I needed the SNS. Now I'm gonna be looking at it until I buy it. :doh: did it come with the new style cover? The old ones always became brittle. The new one I bought is a softer material.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol! Glad I can help Paul.:becky:

The cover is from Unicook. I found this brand when I bought my Hunsaker and they're awesome covers and fit like a glove on the 55 gal drums. Apparently they started making covers for kettles too and it was a no brainer. 15.99 and they repel water, keep your equipment dry unlike other covers. It's got handles on top and a drawstring. Very very good quality. For the drums they're 18.99. Can't get any better than that for a quality cover. Inside is coated as well.

They come in three sizes. Guessing for 18", 22" and 26" kettles.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VKZZ3S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's raining today as a matter of fact

the drum

WPzPgA5h.jpg

kettle

BF2qLr9h.jpg

That is a nice looking Weber. Our Academy doesn't have any of the red limited edition Weber's and I don't know if they ever did.

I bought the SnS when it first came out and have probably only used it once and even then I didn't smoke anything. I also have the griddle.

I bought my PK classic and my Good One Open Range soon after buying the SnS so the only thing I use my Weber Kettles for anymore is cooking wings with the Vortex.

I guess I should get the SnS out and play with it but smoking on the Open Range is so easy that I just use it all of the time.

Thanks Monte! I hear you. I don't plan to do many smoke sessions on the kettle since I have plenty of other dedicated smokers. It's mainly for indirect and searing cooks and the fact that I missed playing with a 22" kettle since I sold my performer a couple of years back. :-D

Thanks Monte! I hear you. I don't plan to do many smoke sessions on the kettle since I have plenty of other dedicated smokers. It's mainly for indirect and searing cooks and the fact that I missed playing with a 22" kettle since I sold my performer a couple of years back. :-D

I'm actually cooking wings on the Kettle as I type this. I also have two Performers which I never use. One is a 1995 stainless steel table Redhead that I restored back in 2009 and the other is a 2007 black one that I got at a thrift store for $85 so even though I probably should sell both of them, I don't know if I can get myself to sell the red one. I put a lot of work into it and had to source some hard to find parts.

This was also back before I owned anything but the Performer and a kettle and didn't even own a dedicated smoker or had even smoked anything. In 2013 I bought an 18" WSM to try my hand at smoking and found that I really liked it and then I went crazy buying different grills and smokers. I sold my WSM's last year because I never used them. This hobby is definitely a sickness. LOL.

I cooked a spatchcocked chicken today, plus sides.

I used this.
HPIM1622_zpse5f969b9.jpg

since it hasn't been used all winter.
My wife, the original redhead, is out of town, so I had to settle.

Last edited:
I would really like to post photos. I used to several years ago, but there was a change in the format and I have not been able to put up pictures since. I have noticed the gray photo with a gauge and some writing. However, it makes no sense to me. If someone could please PM me some detailed instructions, I would really appreciate it.

TIA, Joe

I would really like to post photos. I used to several years ago, but there was a change in the format and I have not been able to put up pictures since. I have noticed the gray photo with a gauge and some writing. However, it makes no sense to me. If someone could please PM me some detailed instructions, I would really appreciate it.

TIA, Joe

See if this helps you.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222942

Back