Humphrey's Battle Box or Ole Hickory Ace JW?

I purchased 2 weekenders last year. They have been rock solid cookers and the service is second to none.

Big Humphrey's fan here. I ordered a Pint last year and am now anxiously awaiting my whole hog to be delivered. Nicole will be happy to throw some custom color combos at you if you tell her what your looking for. Great people, great smokers.

I purchased 2 weekenders last year. They have been rock solid cookers and the service is second to none.

What's the capacity like? Why'd you go with two of those instead of one larger one?

Thanks for the help!

Big Humphrey's fan here. I ordered a Pint last year and am now anxiously awaiting my whole hog to be delivered. Nicole will be happy to throw some custom color combos at you if you tell her what your looking for. Great people, great smokers.

That is really good to know. I wish I had a designer to mock me up a logo to go with a custom paint job! Though that'd probably cost as much as the smoker. Nvm :)

I took my weekenders to the Royal not the Jack, someday I’ll take them to the Jack.

I went with 2 weekenders instead of a larger cooker because of portability. With 2 weekenders I get about the same cook space as a pint but they are easier to manage traveling with me and my old man. Plus I get 2 different tempatures If I need. For the Royal I loaded everything in the back of my F150 and hit the road, no trailer. I couldn’t do that with a bigger cooker.

As far as compacity I’ve cooked 10 slabs of ribs in each using rib racks. I can do 4 butts in each. 2 packer briskets. They’re big enough to do a lot of food and small enough to cook dinner.

For burn time I’d says it’s closer to 12-16 hours in a full load of charcoal. I haven’t used a guru or flameboss or anything yet, just the daisy wheel. I’ve always used water in the pan but some prefer sand or bricks. With hot water it’ll come up to temp in about 45 minutes with a 1/2 chimney of lit coals.

The only down side to having 2 is having to buy 2 of any temp controller or anything of the sort. But that’s minor compared to the benefits in my opinion. But if anyone from Flameboss or Guru is reading, I’d love to do a head to head comparison...��

Feel free to message me with any questions. I’m an open book.

I really don't know much about either. My concerns on the Ole Hickory is it says it will only go 6 hours on a basket of charcoal. so a brisket could take 3 baskets of charcoal? Also it maxes out at 275, not hot enough for chicken if you ask me.

The Humphrey's says it can go 12hrs, but it also says it maxes out at 350 degrees. That is fine for most things, as long as you have another grilling option.

Just things I noticed from the descriptions, people that have them, should be able to help more, but that is why I really am not a fan of either. I think both would make a fine smoker, but they are maybe not as versatile as some of the others you were considering.

Max temp is the recommended max temp because of grease flash points and for those occasional few you might neglect to clean out their smokers. The Standard series of smokers will operate up to 500 degrees. We have many customers the love their Humphrey's to make pizza. The Weekender temp will operate up to 450 degrees.

That is really good to know. I wish I had a designer to mock me up a logo to go with a custom paint job! Though that'd probably cost as much as the smoker. Nvm :)

Often times, custom colors aren't that badly priced. It's based on the powder formulation and the size smoker you want. Message me anytime for additional questions.

Back