How To Finish This Brisket

Dread Pirate Roberts

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Happy Saturday Everyone,

Now that brisket is under $4/lb again I picked up a prime packer at Costco this morning. Closer to noon actually. It's hanging in the PBC at the moment. Won't get to stall territory for a few hours I'm wondering what to do for the finish. I watched a Smoke Trails BBQ video where he pulls at 180 then puts in the oven at 165 for 12 hours. Since I have the Anova Oven, I'd have an advantage with the 100% humidity preventing evaporation. Another option would be pull at the stall and put it in the Anova to finish normally. Again, no evaporation means no stall and it should finish pretty quickly. Then I could the it cool a bit and hold it at 145 until lunchtime tomorrow.

What say you, Brethren? Or another method perhaps?

I'm afraid to suggest anything for fear that your brisket doesn't turn out right.

Didn't know the effects of Anova oven humidity vs. stall time or no stall at all. :confused:

Doesn't spritzing count for humidity in a regular cooker to a certain extent?

I'm afraid to suggest anything for fear that your brisket doesn't turn out right.

Didn't know the effects of Anova oven humidity vs. stall time or no stall at all. :confused:

Doesn't spritzing count for humidity in a regular cooker to a certain extent?

no spritzing doesn't add any real humidity. a water pan can buy even that acts more as a heat sink.

as to the method mentioned above it should work out great and is similar to a technique I popularized some years ago.

100% humidity means no evaporative cooling, so no stall. This guy was hanging at 150 for a couple of hours in the PBC so I pulled it and set the anova to 180. I’ll leave it there for an hour after it gets to that temp then kick down to 165 and let that run overnight. Here’s a pic right before putting it in:

20220424_010353501_iOS.jpg

Ive done the ANOVA before. My biggest complaint is everything has a bit of a smoky smell for a week or so coming out of the oven.

Back