How The Other Half Smokes-FOGO

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Pre Christmas Ace had a 50% off one item bag so bought a bag of FOGO. Regularly 29$. Figured half off I’m almost back to normal price B&B. Today is first FOGO Smoke. 11# Prime brisket heavily trimmed point normal trimmed flat. Hickory chunks. Primo Oval XL with water pan on plates. SPOG Rub. Approximately 275*

Last edited:
Oh, man. I see all sorts of MSU shenanigans happening across the NM/TX line...

I'd love to hit some of that straight off the Primo!

FOGO provides a good long clean burn. Lump chunks were about the size of tennis balls and slightly bigger. Didn’t take much to run Primo at 275 go 4.5 hours then bumped it to 325!for two hours. It was still showing 250* when I brought the brisket inside. It probed tender at 201*. So pleased I’m saving FOGO for my Primo cooks
Pleasant mild aroma.

This pretty much sums it up... :hungry:

attachment.php

Great brisket, Adams!

Looks like that FOGO did you right. Brisket nachos and/or tacos - definitely the best day two/three way to have brisket.

FOGO provides a good long clean burn. Lump chunks were about the size of tennis balls and slightly bigger. Didn’t take much to run Primo at 275 go 4.5 hours then bumped it to 325!for two hours. It was still showing 250* when I brought the brisket inside. It probed tender at 201*. So pleased I’m saving FOGO for my Primo cooks
Pleasant mild aroma.

That is good to hear. I need a premium charcoal to use once I run out of Wicked Good.

That is good to hear. I need a premium charcoal to use once I run out of Wicked Good.

As we all know what you get from top of lump bag is not necessarily what you get at the bottom. Amazon Prime has it 19$. 3-400 reviews. I bought two FOGO and one Blues Hog during Ace Sale. With a shed full of B&B lump-Char logs and a couple B&B briquettes this really is just wanted to try type deal. However, I was pleased with the first pour of Bag #1

I bought a bag of Fogo Super Premium today. Now waiting on some good weather to get on the patio and try it out.

Back