THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm cooking a brisket on the WSM, and two beer-can chickens. Sides will be pinto beans, cornbread, and coleslaw. I might make pork belly bites as an appetizer.

My wife said "No cooking"...for anyone. So, we're going out. That takes care of one meal,, which means I'll be cooking all the others:) Not sure what yet though.

Happy Father's Day weekend guy's!

Not a dad here but making kabobs by request of my dad and uncle. Still debating sides but the bacon wrapped cinnamon apples may have to make an appearance. Hitting up Costco tomorrow so I will figure out then!

I cook every weekend- this one will be no different. No idea what I'm making yet- I told my bride to "surprise me" - that does not always go well :grin:

I'd like to cook something up, but my wife is going out of town with her mom for a special getaway this weekend, which means that I'm going to be in charge of our 5-year-old and 2-year-old :shock:

Saturday will be filled with running between a birthday party and a graduation party, 1 of which is 2 hours from home. Sunday I'm thinking about taking the kids to a minor league ball game, and I'll have to pick up my wife and MIL from the train station right around dinner time, so no grilling for me there either. Probably doing takeout Sunday and grabbing food at the various parties on Saturday.

Father's Day tradition - I'll be frying a huge mess of blue cat for Dad, Mom, and a bunch more family.

I'll be doing the cooking for my husband for Fathers' Day. Some of you kindly responded to my post asking for ideas since my husband has to work that day and I'll be taking a meal to him and about a dozen others. They'll get reverse seared flap meat and grilled chicken breasts sliced thin to make fajitas, plus all the fixins like smoked then grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Can't have fajitas without guac, salsa, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream. Also wings, cuz they all love wings. Yellow rice, black bean salad, and two of the women in the group will be bringing desserts. Oh, and cheesy jalapeno cornbread, just because.
...sigh...now I'm hungry...

Pulled pork, slaw, beans, and peach cobbler. Maybe some first-time TD pic's.
I'm cooking, but the kids can be downright useful when properly motivated.

Back