THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
So I went to the market and saw a nice, thick cut of brisket flat. It's only a piece of the flat, about 5" wide and about 3 lbs. At 275*, do you any idea how long it will take it to get to tender?

Nope, could be three hours or could be six, too many variables; you'd be better off using your hands underneath it and test for tenderness. Also, a 3lb brisket flat might be better cooked hot&fast and wrapped in foil or it's gonna be tough as nails

Worked out well. @275, I had nice bark at IT of 180*, so I wrapped in BP with tallow and it was tender at about 6 hours. Even though it was just a piece of flat, it was tender, moist and flavorful. I won't hesitate doing small cuts of brisket again. Next time, maybe a piece of point?

I personally would not make bbq brisket with a hunk that small. it's almost impossible to get good results. braise that puppy or try popdaddys night train brisket experiment

I personally would not make bbq brisket with a hunk that small. it's almost impossible to get good results. braise that puppy or try popdaddys night train brisket experiment

I didn't want to, but whole briskets are out of my affordability range, as are other preferred cuts. This piece was nice and thick and looked pretty good. It turned out better than expected for $20, so me and wife were happy to eat it. We also had good tacos the following day.

Back