THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M

Mike - CSBBBQ

Leaving for Clarksville Thurs and was debating on trimming brisket and ribs Wed night and then putting in ziplocks. Have never trimmed Wed before...any concerns I should have? Thanks!

Mike, just an opinion, but those are pretty quick and easy trims. I do them at the comp. Now chicken might be good to discuss if you trim them a lot.

Once you crack open that cryovak, make sure you keep it cold and not in your regular fridge where you open it 30 times a day. If you do that, you should be fine, although your brisket might green a little from the oxidation, but that is okay.

Mike, just an opinion, but those are pretty quick and easy trims. I do them at the comp. Now chicken might be good to discuss if you trim them a lot.
I agree... My first priority would be Chicken, then Ribs, Brisket, and last would be Pork. Those chicken breasts (j/k thighs) seem to take forever, plus I save the extra meat for stir fry & pot pies so keeping that cold (ie. safe) is a pain at the comp.

I think you should be fine even starting Tuesday evening as long as you store the meats in a cooler packed with ice.

I try to trim before I leave but rarely seams to happen. When I do get the chance nothing is better, gives you more time to relax and enjoy yourself

I agree chicken first at least make sure you get that done.

Back