THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
Just curious how you guys store your Butcher's, Kosmo's, Fab, ect. I didnt know if I should seal the extra up in containers or something like that. I've got quite a few contests lined up this summer so it probably wont be sitting around too long.
Can this stuff go stale?

Thanks,

Ken

In a zip lock in the refer. I've never had a problem with Kosmos products going stale - can't speak to Butchers/Fab.

I zip lock or vaccu seal them. Was thinking this year of just pre-weighing and vaccusealing little packs, enough for 1 comp at a time. Just add liquid and inject. I think as long as you keep them out of air, light, and humidity they keep a while.

With Butchers, I transfer what I need for a few comps into wide mouth jars, I cut a corner of the bag and roll it up to get the air out and reseal with my Foodsaver. I did a couple comps worth in small Ziplocks and have one left from the Jack that is still fresh. I had heard there was a shelf life, but will defer to David for that. Same goes for my bulk rubs.

Last edited:
I put all my dry ingredients in mason jars and keep them sealed in a dark, dry closet until needed. Had to try to find a way to keep the humidity out since I was getting clumping even in zip-lock bags.

Ken, bring them with you to comps where I"m gonna be and SHARE :)

I've ordered and kept Kosmo's in the original package, resealed and kept in a dark pantry corner. So far so good.

As I have stated on my site I would not recommend putting the injection into the refrigerator. When you take them out of the cold environment into a 70 degree room they will draw moisture and clump up. The best thing I have heard is portion out your uses into a seal a meal bag and make single use bags. If you don't have one of them a good air tight sealed container works fine for me.

I keep my open original bulk packages inside ziplocks, in a dry box, in my cool, dark, dehumidiified basement (is that overkill?) and take out smaller portions as needed. I do the same with my bulk spices and rubs.

I also recommend storing in a dark Ziploc bag.

2-Beef-Inj.jpg

Ken, bring them with you to comps where I"m gonna be and SHARE :)

I've ordered and kept Kosmo's in the original package, resealed and kept in a dark pantry corner. So far so good.

Dan, I dont know what I ever did to deserve a friend like you but I love ya man!!!

I actually had this very same conversation with a good buddy of mine today. Thanks for confirming this Kosmo.

Really...who might that be? :twisted: BTW...Darian said "no problem" to your question...:thumb:

I also recommend storing in a dark Ziploc bag.

2-Beef-Inj.jpg

Hey...that's the very same bag that I use...small world...:becky:

Really...who might that be? :twisted: BTW...Darian said "no problem" to your question...:thumb:

Hey...that's the very same bag that I use...small world...:becky:

Why you of course:becky:, Kosmo confirmed it in a post of how to store it:thumb: And that does look just like the bag:wink:

Anal......

I keep my open original bulk packages inside ziplocks, in a dry box, in my cool, dark, dehumidiified basement (is that overkill?) and take out smaller portions as needed. I do the same with my bulk spices and rubs.

Back