How do you like your steak?

Hitting the medium rare sweetspot with a 1" steak is hard to do. Anything thinner is pretty much impossible.

Generally speaking, I like my steaks good.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hitting the medium rare sweetspot with a 1" steak is hard to do. Anything thinner is pretty much impossible.

Not really if you cook enough of them. I've seen it done consistently by doing nothing more than touching/feeling them with tongs.

Not really if you cook enough of them.:wink: I've seen it done consistently by doing nothing more than touching/feeling them with tongs.

Guess I'm the odd-ball but I (and my wife) like medium well. Reverse sear. Ribeye or filet 1.5 inches. They are great if you know how to do them.

I don’t do that many steaks but I like them 1”- 1.5”. Typically a strip medium rare to medium. Also like filet about 2”.

I do a lot of picanha and tritip. Do both whole on the Burch barrel and they end up kind of searing in the process. Slice 1/2” or so afterward.

I like:
1) it to have been selected by me, and finished (grain) to my specs
2) to be dry aged at the processor
3) to be 1.5-1.75" thick
4) to be cooked med-rare
5) to be served with a large baked potato, 2 beers,on Okie china and in the backyard w/ the fam (they get their own steaks of course)
6) someone else to clean up the mess (this is the hardest one to get).

2” thick ribeye or strip. Reverse sear until 100f. Wait till komodo at 1000f the. Throw on coals for 30sec each side. Finish internal temp around 110. Nice and bleu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back