THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

churrodog,
Mine has two doors - the lower one will open to the wood box and the pan is on top. Should I fill that with water?

How many chunks do you put in at one time? What are you using?
If I have chips, should I put in a couple handfuls?

I guess I was assuming that it was a propane unit, is this thing electric? If so it may just blow all of my advice out of the water, hah. :loco:

I'd suggest maybe giving it a shot before Sunday if you get a chance; it will give you an idea of how you want to run it.

I run two chunks at a time but sounds like we may have completely different setups.

Oh, it's propane not electric

I guess I was assuming that it was a propane unit, is this thing electric? If so it may just blow all of my advice out of the water, hah. :loco:

I'd suggest maybe giving it a shot before Sunday if you get a chance; it will give you an idea of how you want to run it.

I run two chunks at a time but sounds like we may have completely different setups.

Believe it or not I use Dollar store kitty litter 1.00 for 7 lbs in my water pan and foil over the top of it. Much better heat sink than water and clean up is simple just replace the foil.

I agree with the KISS philosophy for butts...it doesn't take much to make them good eatin'

rub it, throw it on at anywhere from 275 - 350, and let it go until it's probe tender. I wouldn't wrap at all unless the bark is getting darker than you want.

And I would say cherry is a good choice for wood.

I agree with this but would go with pecan as my first choice...but that's just a preference thing. Pecan has become my "go to" wood.

Don't worry about having an exact temp. Try to get it around 275 and then throw butt on and don't adjust knob. I use to drive my self insane trying to keep dead at 275.

Back