THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Thanks to a sale on whole loins about a week ago, I did a large batch of Buckboard today in my BDS... 14 pounds to be exact, and smoked it with a mix of A-Maze-N Pitmaster Choice pellets, and some hickory mini logs for flavor. Total pit time was about 4.5 hours in the 220° range, and I pulled it off at 145°. Here is the journey to Buckboard heaven. :mrgreen:

a9zjJJ6.jpg

IJGQTSU.jpg

KGFdZTF.jpg

MmEHb4n.jpg

3pfYQxH.jpg

I always thought Buckboard Bacon was made with pork butts and Canadian Bacon was made using the loin.

Your loins look excellent though, no matter what they're called.

I know you are pretty handy with metal. You could get some stainless steel drinking straws, and cut them into small pieces, and then thread them on between sausages.

I see a lot of good breakfasts in your future. Looks Great!

And some surprise gifts!!!

Looks pretty tasty and enough of it.
What makes it Buckboard?I have myself confused.

I think Buckboard is the style of cure... on cuts other than the belly. I buckboard boneless butts, loins, tenderloin and thicker bone-in chops.

I always thought Buckboard Bacon was made with pork butts and Canadian Bacon was made using the loin.

Your loins look excellent though, no matter what they're called.

Buckboard can be made with boneless butts, or other cuts. I didn't think Canadian bacon was smoked (?), and some has the peameal coating.

Back