THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KClandcruiser

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Erik
I just picked up a new food processor and wanted to make some homemade hummus. I also figured that while I'm at it I should make some pita too.

Here's the dough after mixing/kneading

cU07OIEl.jpg

Let it proof for 90 minutes then divide and roll into balls

YExMMOYl.jpg

Then bake on a stone at 500 degrees and you get these

5nLCArHl.jpg

While that was happening, I mixed up a batch of hummus

GjkRVxWl.jpg

Then a nice taste test with an extra topping of some great olive oil

ZnKQljMl.jpg

After that, I figured I needed some meat and it was a balmy 8 degrees out, so I grilled some skirt steak and made a sandwich with pita, hummus, feta and skirt steak.

yr5qsQvl.jpg

Very pleased with how everything turned out

What food processor did you buy? I lost my food processor (attachment) when our Ninja blender crapped out and I replaced it with a Vitamix, and it appears they don't make a processor attachment for our model. I don't use them often but when I need one I really need one.

Pita looks good, seems like that might be an easy cook in my Ooni.

What food processor did you buy? I lost my food processor (attachment) when our Ninja blender crapped out and I replaced it with a Vitamix, and it appears they don't make a processor attachment for our model. I don't use them often but when I need one I really need one.

Pita looks good, seems like that might be an easy cook in my Ooni.

I got the Cuisinart 14 cup. Seemed like the consensus best option below the restaurant grade robo coup.

I think the ooni would be incredible for pita. I actually had some heat issues with my oven and stone as it only goes to 500f. I wish I had some more btu for that initial blast of heat and for recovery

Back