Home Depot Kingsford blue....$5.88

I don't know. Looked like a lot of people buying. I picked up 800 pounds from the West Jordan store, got a feeling they have tons more in the back. They go with the 2000 pounds I have already. Twenty five Dutch ovens, Lang 60 and 2)WSMs, it's a preppers world.

I don't know. Looked like a lot of people buying. I picked up 800 pounds from the West Jordan store, got a feeling they have tons more in the back. They go with the 2000 pounds I have already. Twenty five Dutch ovens, Lang 60 and 2)WSMs, it's a preppers world.

And here my wife thought my 400#s plus the 3 twin packs of KComp I picked up tonight so over 500#s was excessive.

I'm a piker - I only picked up 8 twin packs this morning. Gal at the register was commenting what a good deal it was (with what I was saving I bought a pair of welder's gloves for my BBQing) and that some of the commercial BBQ vendors around were buying whole pallets. They still had a good bit, but you could tell it was going.

I don't need it, but can't stop buying two bags each time I'm in there. Have ~60lb now and hope this is the end.

I can't comment on production costs, but I can tell you it is by far my favorite {only] stuff to burn. As of now we only produce it in twin 18lb packs.

Costco had a coupon in there flyer last month. So I grabbed a twin pack of the competition to try. So I am happy you think highly of it. I am going to have to make a drive to crescent city to get the sale at Home depot. Take the car or the truck? I love KB and usually get enough on sale to avoid regular price purchase durning the rest of the year.

I asked the manager of my local HD if I could get the same deal on Matchlight and he hooked me up right. No more chimneys or weedburner for me :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Matchlight.jpg
    Matchlight.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 105
  • Matchlight 2.jpg
    Matchlight 2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 107
I asked the manager of my local HD if I could get the same deal on Matchlight and he hooked me up right. No more chimneys or weedburner for me :mrgreen:

You crack me up. I have some neighbor that must use matchlight as the whole neighborhood wreaks of lighter fluid a couple times a year and you would think it would burn out and the smell would go away if they where using a bottle to light it.

Had to hit two HDs yesterday to find some, bought 6 out of the 20 or so twin packs they had out. They had two full pallets of the 20# twin packs for $17+ which is over twice the unit price of the 13s. I'll use 2 - 3 bags Easter weekend so I may go get 6 more this afternoon.

My local HD was out of the 13.9# twin packs, but was substituting 20# twin packs for the same price...I'll take 10, thank you very much. Bonus 122#'s for free.

edited to fix some math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Costco had a coupon in there flyer last month. So I grabbed a twin pack of the competition to try. So I am happy you think highly of it. I am going to have to make a drive to crescent city to get the sale at Home depot. Take the car or the truck? I love KB and usually get enough on sale to avoid regular price purchase durning the rest of the year.

Take the truck and load up on KComp. twin 18's.

I was born and raised right up the road from you in Pistol River. Graduated from GB. in 78

Wife had 25 packs loaded and then some asshat said there was a 5 pack limit, She went and found a manager and ask them if they wanted to restack here other 20 packs, He said no and sent her on her way with all 25 packs... GOD I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!!

On a side note a buddy told me the Appleton WI sold out 19 pallets in 3 hours..

The people at Home Depot though I was crazy. Two carts, 36 bags. No I have to pay a mover to move them so the 5 dollar deal may not have been a great deal.

I was told by the big shots at my local HD that they will be having the sale on big bags of blue in May he suggested in just get enough to get me by till then because he thaught it was going to be a better deal than the twin 13.9s just an FYI .21 cents a pound still not bad. Time to color eggs have a great Sunday.

Back