THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You bought 260lbs in quantities of 40 pounds bundles????

Heck last year when HD had I think they were the Twin 13# were on sale for $5.88 iirc ,I bought 20 packs so whats that 520#s, Im down to about two or three two packs.

Thanks for the heads up Op!

Although with my new stick burner I guess I wont need as much KB.

Heck last year when HD had I think they were the Twin 13# were on sale for $5.88 iirc ,I bought 20 packs so whats that 520#s, Im down to about two or three two packs.

Thanks for the heads up Op!

Although with my new stick burner I guess I wont need as much KB.

Same here, I am down to 4 bags, gotta make it last until Memorial.

I'll be getting some! And some of the arborvitae too! :biggrin1:
Thanks for the heads up!!!

WHY? It is only 27* outside right now. It would seem to make more sense to wait until summer to put this stuff on sale.
Winter is lingering, and nobody is buying flowers/garden stuff yet. They are looking to get people in their stores and it seems to be working. :razz:

I grabbed 5 double, 20 pound bags (200 pounds total).
Their sales usually cost about 25 cents a pound, this is about 30 cents a pound, which is still good.

Stopped in to my Local HD yesterday (Olathe) and they were just setting up for this sale... calling it Spring Black Friday. lol. Anyway, I can confirm they are 2x20lb/$12 (normally $20). Not a killer deal but as many have said it will tide us over until Memorial Day when the REALLY good sales start. Last year I bought an entire pallet from Wallyworld. Totally worth it as it lasted me almost a year!

You bought 260lbs in quantities of 40 pounds bundles????

Actually it was the twin 13lb packs... I guess 10 packs or so.

I think this year I am gonna buy that much. Honestly I did not cook as much as I wanted last year, so if I actually did, I would have run out months ago.

My son works for HD. He checked inventory at a few of the stores around me and it looks like HD isn't expecting a big run on the stuff for this sale. At least not round here. Most stores only had 1-2 pallets in stock. I am picking up two packs to hold me till the Memorial Day sale.

My HD had 6 pallets....there was a guy buying a full pallet......960 lbs.......he said he was a comp cooker.....I just bought one twin pack waiting for the early summer sale.....

I had to drive a bit....but it was worth it.....I plan on doing a chuck roast smoke soon with Chili gravy.........

Hmmmmmmm

Joel

Like in the past we need a competing big box store to offer even lower sale prices.
On this round I'll buy just enough to last me til the Memorial Day sale.

Back