THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Wet rub of garlic, rosemary, anchovies, salt, pepper, and EVOO.

Took a stab at the leg, making some deep pockets and helped some of that wet rub down inside.

Cooked to 120F - still a little "done" on the outer bits for my liking... but perfect toward the middle.

2BlliyCh.jpg

M0WXvBXh.jpg

Roasted asparagus dredged in EVOO, Salt, Pepper, and Mrs Dash.

Mashed Potatoes and Lamb Drippin' Gravy

hj1tnlfh.jpg

Mint jelly for me, the heathen (CINCHOUSE made homemade mint sauce).

Whew... I'm stuffed.

Kind regards to you all.

Nice looking leg of lamb! I like the idea of using anchovies in the rub.

Looks good. How did the anchovies work out?

Cheers, folks!

In about 2012, we were having a Friday night cyder in our "local" pub in East Cambridgeshire, when one of the other patrons struck up a conversation about lamb... specifically about using anchovies in a wet rub. I was taken aback, and didn't think much about it until 2 weeks later, when Jamie Oliver whipped up a leg of lamb with the same technique! We shrugged, chuckled, and tried it - with delicious results.

The interesting thing is that the anchovies don't add any "fishyness," but rather depth of flavor overall. Also, there's some salt in there, so the lamb needs less seasoning.

Give it a shot some time. I think you'll enjoy it.

Back