THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does cooking them in the pan affect the smoke flavor?

I think I saw Johnny Trigg using pans when he cooked his butts in one of Pitmasters episodes. I've done a few butts in pans and, depending on your cooker, you can get a really nice browned fat cap. Almost bacon-like, one might say. Applied "Trigg-onometry"?

And hey! Fine lookin' grub there brother JD!

Looks great! On one of my recent high heat brisky experiments I added a couple of bone-in butts on the lower rack, and it was some of the best pulled pork I've done. Great bark and smokey flavor.

nice on the splitting the foil pan in half and crimping the edges. :biggrin:

and cool on the boiling in it's own fat. :biggrin:

i haveta try a hot&fast sometime. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I just caught that...:icon_blush:...I'm a little slow! :lol::lol::lol:

JD I run the maple tree's through my fire place for heat.I didn't know it could be used for smoking meats.

Man...it's probably like weeds in your neck of the woods! :p Kinda like Alder is here...:lol::lol::lol: Toss a couple of chunks on with your next rib or butt smoke...it's pretty good! :cool:

Thanks for all the info- I'm trying this tomorrow as I received short notice from the missus that we're having people over tomorrow and I'm the one cooking. And yes, she told them I was making pulled pork

Great, informative thread, John. How did the flavor profile of the high heat butt compare to a low and slow one?

Back