THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know why but I've always figured everyone had a weber kettle.. no matter what size. I think it's by far the best piece of cooking equipment you can buy... this coming from someone who buys le crueset cookware. The kettle was the first thing I ever smoked ribs on and I know people who have had the same one over 20 years. With that being said, as far as just smokers go... for the price, you should go the WSM. I have several smokers on my wishlist but I can't justify paying $5000 dollars for something to go play on the weekends with, but for $400 dollars you can get a WSM 22 and 'smoke' anything you want on it. If you could come up with the xtra 400 I'd go for the BGE large and 'cook' anything you want.

I think for my first smoker I am Just going to go with a WSM. I decide to sell it and get something different at least it will be sold quickly as mentioned above. I'll keep looking but it's looking like WSM is my smoker.

Just remember if they don't like smoke just use charcoal. Nobody says you have to use wood when you cook on the WSM. Always start with the the min. amount of wood so you don't over do it.

Back