Hello from Western PA!!!

PBrug

Full Fledged Farker
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum...

My name is Pat. I grew up just a little SE of Pittsburgh and am now living just North of Pittsburgh in Butler County. I'm married and have two boys, 12 & 10. We also have a family cabin in Warren County, PA, where we spend time hunting, fishing and vacationing.

I've always liked to cook, ever since I was a youngster. About 15 years ago, I received a gift certificate for Cabela's and bought a cheap electric tin can Cabela's smoker. From that point on I've been enjoying many hours of smoking... Still have the Cabela's tin can as well.

My tools currently include an Assassin 24 (found it used for $1,100 in great shape!!!), Weber Fleet: Performer, 22.5 Silver & 26.5" Gold, Cabela's Pro 50 Electric and the previously mentioned Cabela's tin can electric. I've also built a H-Block pit at camp, where I've done whole hog and a few other cooks.

My dream one day, once the boys are out of all their youth activities, is to start doing competitions and maybe some catering. I have a few years before that will happen, and I know I can gain tons of knowledge from this site. I've been lurking for a while, and you all have a great forum here!

Few Pics...

My youngest with the Assassin, and a few of the H-Block Pit...

Attachments

• assassin1.jpg
    assassin1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 42
  • pig1.jpg
    pig1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 43
  • pig2.jpg
    pig2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 45
  • pit1.jpg
    pit1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Pat, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum! Another block pit user here. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az, thanks for posting some great pics.

Hi Pat Welcome! Hey we are both from Butler County PA. That is a bad ass smoker you got there. Seems like I am seeing more Western PA brethren showing up lately. Maybe we won't be an almost dead zone for bbq anymore.Glad to see you. Again Welcome to Brethren!

Hi Pat Welcome! Hey we are both from Butler County PA. That is a bad ass smoker you got there. Seems like I am seeing more Western PA brethren showing up lately. Maybe we won't be an almost dead zone for bbq anymore.Glad to see you. Again Welcome to Brethren!

Thanks RK! Love the Assassin. It's a little big for what I need it for at the moment, but I found it used at a great price so I couldn't pass it up. You are right, we are not in what I'd call BBQ country, that's for sure. Glad there are some locals around...

Back