THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bbqanthony

Hello Bretheren Brothers,

After much time lurking and some initial posts, I'm finally catching up for a proper introduction. This is an awesome forum, and thanks trp1fox for the reminder to introduce. I've read bunch of the BBQ forums and this is the one I found myself coming back to all the time.

I'm hailing from the Berkeley/Oakland area, the land of goofy politics and some good barbeque tradition. I grew up eating at local traditions like Everett & Jones and Flints, and been doing grill-style Q'ing all my life, but a couple of years ago decided to get serious about low and slow real Q, and now that I have, don't enjoy the BBQ joints too much anymore and love doing my own long cooks.

The BBQ style tradition in my area takes its roots from KC and Southern style sauces, favoring tomato-based sweet, tangy, spicy sauces, and this is still my favorite. I love experimenting with sauces and make my own up from tomato bases, molasses, fruits, sugars, beer & bourbon, spices, vinegars.

I cook on a modified WSM with an extra grate and Brinkman-style pan filled with sand. I use a Weber Kettle Gold when I need high-heat indirect or grilling. I've also got a UDS (55 gal) in the planning stage, which is what got me to this forum in the first place. You guys are fantastic with all the UDS threads, enthusiasm, and humor. There is some creative stuff happening here!

I'm normally Q'ing Brisket, hot-smoked Salmon, Pork Butts, meatloaf, Baby Backs, beef chucks, sausages, sometimes poultry. I'm trying brining, injecting, many different rub recipes, and other techniques.

BBQ has turned into a serious hobby for me and now my little boy is growing up with a BBQ tradition. Maybe one day I'll do some competitions for fun, but it's sooo time consuming.

Thanks for such an awesome forum, I've found a BBQ community I want to hang out with. :-D

BBQAnthony

Welcome aboard, Anthony! Any aspirations of competing? There's a comp coming up in Fairfield (Aug 16th). You should come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back