THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spanky

I am a Union Electrician/welder and travel the country working, so far mostly the west. I am originally from Colorado, currently in Montana. I am 29, Married and have one 4 year old son. I first bought the brinkmann cimarron and while visiting a wally world in Kansas I found a NB Bandera for $149. My father-in-law now has the brinkmann and I prefer the Bandera (much more cooking space). Another Union Brother and I are in the process of building a huge trailer mount mobile rig. Approx 48" dia. X 10' will have stainless sinks- countertops, 9' X 2' grill and a couple turkey fryers.

Being Union I usually drink Miller products, but I do love micro's from light to dark. and just about any liquior concoction inbetween. On a Crown kick now.

I love to cook anything always trying new or out of the ordianary, all styles and different ethnic dishes. Grillin and Q'in are the best to bring friends together and drink. It also impresses new people to tell them how long ive been up cooking. So naturally im way ahead of my guests on the drinking end like 12 to 24 hrs ahead. Maybe thats why my Q is always great ( just kidding). enough about me lets get the Q on.

Great to have you in the gang Spanky. Lots to see and do here, so make yourself at home.

Spanky,around here you can expect a little BS, a little Q, a fine frosty beverage. Sounds like you're our kind of guy, I think you'll fit right in. Welcome Brother.

Welcome, Bro.

I was a teamster for two whole weeks. I was one of the guys that pushed unionization of the Public Defender system in MN a few years back. Now I'm doing something very different, but it was fun! My brothers and sisters are doing much better now with the union on their side.

I own a Cimarron, and that's all I have, but I'm still a 'Dera brother. This site has helped me immensely, even with the totally different cooker.

WELCOME!

Glad to have you here!

What the fark does "Being Union I usually drink Miller products" have to do with beer drinking? Not in a union, laid off, and so I am partial to free and cold beer in that order. BTW, Bud is a union shop also.

Post pictures of that rig you are building!

I just simply support Union made beer when was the last time you seen Union made on a Bud. If you go up to Ft. Collins you will find very little Union labor if any at all left in the Brewery there. I too am laid off at the present time. I have great American and Union Pride, I also support the good ole' U.S.A. and buy American when possible. I was just introducing myself at the request of another member, and the Union is a major factor of my life. Im not here to preach about it or push it. Although I am here because of the Q as a common ground.

spanky said:
I love to cook anything always trying new or out of the ordianary, all styles and different ethnic dishes. Grillin and Q'in are the best to bring friends together and drink. It also impresses new people to tell them how long ive been up cooking. So naturally im way ahead of my guests on the drinking end like 12 to 24 hrs ahead. Maybe thats why my Q is always great ( just kidding). enough about me lets get the Q on.

Welcome Spanky! Good to have you here. I tend to notice that the more I drink the better my Q is as well :roll: In my case it probably has something to do with my not farking with it as much while I concentrate on not burning the house down :D Looking forward to hearing about/seeing the rig you are building.

spanky said:
I just simply support Union made beer when was the last time you seen Union made on a Bud. If you go up to Ft. Collins you will find very little Union labor if any at all left in the Brewery there. I too am laid off at the present time. I have great American and Union Pride, I also support the good ole' U.S.A. and buy American when possible. I was just introducing myself at the request of another member, and the Union is a major factor of my life. Im not here to preach about it or push it. Although I am here because of the Q as a common ground.

Don't get me wrong, just pointing out that my father inlaw and brother inlaw both worked at Budwiser in St. Louis and both were in the union and so was my Dad, all great men... Ft. Collins not sure about, is that where Coors is made? Don't care for Coors beer unless it's free and cold. :D Welcome again!

Coors is made in Golden, CO just west of Denver, But Bud has a plant up in Ft. Collins which is in northern Colo. O'yea thank you glad to be here

A Bigdog welcome to the Spanky. The American made Bandera is far superior to the Chinese made one. What Charbroil did to the Bandera and the fine folks at NB Texas is one of the problems with this country. It is all about money, not quality. My $ 0.02

Just bought a NB... I will be disappointed if you tell me it's not made in New Braunfels... say it ain't so!!!

kellyman said:
Just bought a NB... I will be disappointed if you tell me it's not made in New Braunfels... say it ain't so!!!

Then I'll let someone else explain the NB got bought out by Charbroil and some of the parts come from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back