THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
When they made the January Throwndown Category. ***SPECIAL*** “New Year’s Resolution: Healthy & Delicious”, I was ecstatic. (Link to Throwdown: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296283) You see this is what I’ve been cooking for the last 2 years. (My wife and I have been on WW and I’ve lost 100 pounds) I’ve been re-examining lots of my recipes so I can still eat delicious food but all within the WW guidelines.

Anyway, for this Throwdown I decided to remake my White Bean Chicken Breast Chili. (Recipe can be found here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295669)

I picked up a package of Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breasts.

I sliced them in half horizontally to allow more surface area for rub and grill marks.

I used some BP Desert Gold rub I had won in a previous Throwdown.

I put these on the Redhead indirect to start out.

While they were cooking, I started prepping the rest of the ingredients. Veggies for Chili.

Veggies for the sauce. (Note: I didn’t have any Tomatillos, so I just added some Hendez Tomatillo Salsa to the blender when the time came)

Chicken was mostly done now so I placed them over the coals to get some grill mark char going.

Now I roasted the veggies for the sauce.

While them were roasting I heated up the OO and started to sweat the veggies.

Sauce veggies are coming along nicely.

Now I added the chili seasoning and stirred it in. (The smell was incredible)

Next, I added the flour and the rest of the canned ingredients and stirred them in.

I let that simmer while I chopped up the chicken. (Note: There was more chicken than last time, so I added another can on beans, corn and chicken broth to make the ratios better. )

While that was simmering, I skinned and seeded the chiles and put everything in the blender. (Adding the Herdez Tomatillo salsa)

I added the sauce to the chili, stirred it in and then added the minced cilantro and stirred that in.

I let this simmer for another 2 minutes before serving it up.

Here it is plated up with the Non-fat Greek Yogurt (Healthy substitute for sour cream) and some cilantro garnish.

This was absolutely delicious and only 1 WW point per serving. (A serving is 1 cup. This was a large bowl so it was 2 WW points)

Thanks for looking.

Back