THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you built/bought a UDS?

• I build one as I was told to do!

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • I was too lazy to build do I bought one

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
I had started on one before I found this place. But here helped me out in the finishing touches. I haven't even uncovered it since I got my Recteq. The fire basket and bottom was pretty rusty last I looked.

I have a Bronco. It's a drum but it's not ugly. I put it together but I didn't technically "build" it. I'm confused! I don't know how to answer... :shock::oops::roll::confused:

I built one using the Big Poppa hardware kit. I sold it to a coworker who loves it. I might build another if I can ever score a SS drum at a reasonable and not insane price.

I've built 4 from scratch. My preference is to use a salvaged Weber kettle lid on those. The one I have now is a combo. Bought the DIY kit from Hunsaker and sourced my own drum. It's the best one yet..........

I built one using the Big Poppa hardware kit. I sold it to a coworker who loves it. I might build another if I can ever score a SS drum at a reasonable and not insane price.

You mean like this... I only have $125.00 total in it!!!

Paul B

Drum only cost $5.00 at garage sale, got taken to the cleaners on the other parts(hehe)

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 30
Never wanted one. That is until I tried one once and well, now I have 4. I would love to build one.

Been calving them since '07.
b87c8a520228584ff5873a6939f321ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I've built 4 from scratch. My preference is to use a salvaged Weber kettle lid on those. The one I have now is a combo. Bought the DIY kit from Hunsaker and sourced my own drum. It's the best one yet..........

The Hunsaker kit is hard to beat. Did you use the Weber lid with it the kit as well? I prefer the 85 gallon barrels over the 55 gallon. I have not tried a Weber lid yet. I like the thermometer being in the exhaust stack and would hate to lose that.

Thanks,

Robert

Back