THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She just broke through. It is amazing. It stays there for 45 minutes, then starts moving and has jumped 4 degrees in 20 minutes

Sorry Tim, but I laughed when you said 45 minutes. I've had it set at 150-ish for a couple of hours. The problem is that it makes it difficult to know when it will be ready to serve since the stall time varies. I made a couple of pork butts 2 weeks ago and the stall was lasting longer than expected. I had family coming over and was starting to panic. I resisted the urge to throw it in the oven. It was done just in time and everyone was happy.

The stall is difficult, espically in competition. I had two briskets, both about 14 lbs pretrim, last year that I put on at the same time one hit pull temp in 7 hrs, the other took close to 12. Both were cooked on my Chargriller.

Back