THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kinda surprised to hear this about the SS grates. Are they not 304 SS? Being a PK, I would expect them to be.

I would say that if they are rusting already, they are probably 409 SS and not 304. I have the SS grates for my classic and I've not noticed any rust on them. I guess I need to look again.

I looked seriously recently at the LSG grills when ordering my LSG IVC smoker. After speaking with Chris, I ended up going with the Assassin.

I LOVED the LSG, but appreciated the fact the Assassin would allow me to more easily do two zone cooking or smoking as it controls the airflow. The LSG does not as the vent runs across the entire rear and cannot be controlled.

What I found surprising, is how much I use my 26" Weber Kettle even with the LSG smoker and Assassin Grill. As much as I love the Assassin, it take a bit more effort than the Kettle and sometimes after a long work day, I want the ease of the Kettle. I also like that the Kettle gets the charcoal much closer to the grate than either the Assassin or the LSG. Per Jeff at Assassin you can not run the charcoal on the higher rack on the Assassin to get the grate closer to the meat.

Like you, I find my Weber kettle gets used most of the time for grilling. Way more than my two Eggs. For smoking, I, of course, use my LSG vertical offset.

Back