THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have taken a few weeks off due to travel and weather - but firing up the offset this weekend

Couple lamb shoulders - smoked for pulled lamb - along with a scalloped carrot casserole and Greek Potatoes

Happy Easter

Back at Christmas time my nephew asked if I would smoke a ham for him. Sure. Then he gave me a monstrosity. A 22 pound whole spiral sliced ham. I've never seen a spiral sliced ham this big. I told him it was going in the freezer and we are waiting till Easter weekend. Gonna cut it in half and do two half hams. So that's my plan. Have a great weekend and Happy Good Friday everyone.

Hoping to pack a picnic for Sunday and head out for a hike in the wild. (Weather permitting.)
Morel season is almost here, but it's looking too dry for them this year.

Hope you have a great weekend and Happy Easter Phu and Brethren!
Remember to hug your loved ones while you have them cornered. :grin:

Got a chuckie, but not sure what I'll be doing with it yet. Did sliced a couple weeks back, may go Phor pulled, but then again may just sit on my arse and do the pot roast thang. :twisted:

Also got some thin butt steaks that may make an appearance this weekend, or maybe on Monday.
Phu - jealous oPh your Phood! I got a little Phaja Lobi on hand I might oughtta bust out. :whoo:
Happy Phriday and Easter weekend to Phu and crew and all y'all Pharkers!

Got some charcoal lighting up phor some shrimp on this good phriday. Hopephully steak tomorrow and Sunday will be at my mother in laws (mother in law is awesome…other outsiders…not so much). Thankfully there’s beer and not surprised if my mother in law got me a bottle of whiskey

Happy Easter brethren!

Hi All. I'm a long time lurker and first time poster to the Brethren. I got a lot of research on how I wanted to set up my UDS from these forums.

Anyways, since we're going to the in-laws tomorrow for Easter, I decided to cook up some prime rib today on my UDS.

Rubbed with salt yesterday around noon to dry brine for about 24 hrs. Then put a light coat of veggie oil over it today and some Traeger Prime Rib Rub on it around 11:30 am today. Put it in the drum around 1:30pm and smoked at around 225 - 240F using charcoal with apple and hickory wood chunks. Also coated some taters with oil and salt, wrapped in foil and put in the smoker for the last couple hours of the cook.

Once the roast was about 130F internal temp I pulled it out and the drip pan. Used the drippings later for some au jus. Then put the roast on a grate just above the coals and let the coals get rip roaring hot. Seared roast on the four biggest sides for about a minute or two each, and then took it inside to let it rest for about 30 mins while the taters finished up.

My wife is a fiend for prime rib, and was in heaven tonight, LOL. The kids were pretty happy with it too, and they're fairly picky with their food.
219b4b6aa39bfb6b6b801b005a4f17fc.jpg
69b15233a541aab4e2fa710d195844b0.jpg
d2c864e6e5eedd87eb9c9f40a2c4e590.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Back