THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One 14# whole pork shoulder on Saturday into Sunday on the UDS for my nephew's birthday party. Pretty bitter cold here so the new stickburner will have to sit the bench on this one due to being gone for 5 hours in the beginning of the cook. Possibly a little bit of choice CAB bottom round roast.

I have to pwn this thread with a few pictures :becky: :

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

Giving my UDS a workout this weekend.

Saturday, Chicken Quarters
Sunday, Beef Ribs
Monday, Tri-Tip

Tomorrow will be pork chops and a mess of greens. Had a friend drop off a big sack of mustard greens! Sunday will be a turkey breast on the UDS.

Not cooking this weekend. Going to kcbs after party. Before that we're going to foco de chao and I'm not leaving till I have meat sweats.

Venison backstrap tonight, prolly some amazing grain finished, dry aged beef porterhouse steaks tomorrow and then smoked drumsticks for jumbo sized buffalo wings during the Hawks game on Sunday.
GO HAWKS!!!!!

Some ABTs, MOINKs, trying a batch of CHOINKS (thin sliced chicken stuffed with cream cheese and sliced scallions, wrapped in bacon), and a turkey breast on Sunday.

Go Ravens!!!
Bruce

Hoping to do some ribs this weekend and some Atomic Tater Turds (ATT). ATTs are tater tots with jalapeno pepper slices wrapped in bacon and smothered in cheese.

First off, ATTs sound great.

Secondly, I am hoping to be cooking Rex Ryan's empty b&lls&ck on my WSM Sunday afternoon as Brady carves his defense into shreds. Which I will then smoke at 235* for 6-8 hours to render all of the sh!t out, leaving an almost respectable foot-shaped carcass.

Or I may just do some ABTs.

Last edited:
Fajitas Friday night. Cooking 3 briskets and 20lbs of leg quarters for party, 1 brisket for us on Sat morning. Hence I am up at the butt crack of dawn.

Wow, Boshizzle, ATT's , what a great idea! have to get some tater tots to try that. But I digress. I'm smoking a chuckie (for tacos and...), some little smokies wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with rub(not decided on which one yet) then dunked in some BH Original, and of course ABT's

Did some T-bones and hickory smoked a whole butternut squash last night. Had never tried smoking a squash before, may never fix it any other way now! Mighty fine!

Used some leftover spatched chicken and made some enchiladas for dinner. Tonight gotta fire up the Weber for some steaks of some sort. Finally a nice day here so cleaning all the pits and then get one dirty

Attachments

• Enchilada uncooked.JPG
    Enchilada uncooked.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Enchilada cooked - Beer Butt Chicken.JPG
    Enchilada cooked - Beer Butt Chicken.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 14
I smoked a meatloaf in the garage tonight. Very tasty. Served it with garlic mashed taters. Life is good, no matter what the weather gods send at me.

CD

Back