THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's fantastic, I've been trying to come up with a way to do this on my egg for a while now. I think you solved my problem. :thumb:

Awesome!!! I love a good gyro. I used to live in London and there was a kebab place called Kebab Kid in Fulham. Never has there been a better tasting sandwich then Kebab Kid after all the pubs closed. It is about time I tried to recreate it. Thanks for the idea.

Gyros are one of my favorite foods but I've never tried making them so I decided to try your method.
Instead of using the pie pan I used a 16" walmart pizza pan.
9z5f4.jpg

For the meats I used a combination of pork and lamb. I seasoned it with dried minced garlic and onion, rosemary, oregano, and a little salt.
bi7wf.jpg

Fired up the UDS with some lump to 325ish.
Z1Ghh.jpg

It started to get dark so the photo didn't come out well.
Rxlpy.jpg

After about 45 minutes, I started to slice the cooked portions of the meat every 15-20 minutes. The pan did a good job at getting the slices crispy.

WwS05.jpg

WgYEO.jpg

Thanks for the ideas
Cheers!

but honestly, in germany, most gyros are done on a regular rotisserie. most pics show a weber rotiss. mostly its layered marinated meat cooked on something rotating.

288887d1326473522-einweihung-meiner-roti-mit-gyros-nach-cruiser-art-005.jpg

Yup - I missed this one, and appreciate the bump. This looks fantastic and looking forward to trying this out myself.

Back