Guam style goose breasts

isuhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Last night while I was watching the Spartans and Hawkeyes battle out the Big 10 I decided to give it a shot as the goose breasts were just about thawed.

2 Canada Goose breasts

Used 1/4 recipe of the following:
  • 1/2 cup kosher salt
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 TBS Tender Quick
  • 3 TBS minced ginger
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 4 Quarts water

I am planning to use my UDS -- can I lay it on the grates or do I need to hang?

What temp should I use my UDS at? And for how long?

I couldn't keep my UDS much below 220 so it ran from 220-270 for 4 hrs. EVEN MY WIFE LIKES IT!!! PERFECT COLOR AND TEXTURE!!

you buy that or shoot it? never had goose, i'm going to have to keep my eye out for some

ISUHUNTER....how long did you marinade the breasts in the brine? I have a freezer full of goose breasts. Hunting has been real good this year in Michigan.

Crazy game last night. I thought the Hawkeyes were going to win for sure. Great defensive battle.

Wish there were some "before" shots. Love me some Canada Hunting. Food looks great.

780CBC0F-30E7-49D8-95BD-B013946A37C8_zpsv2b1qjsf.jpg

ISUHUNTER....how long did you marinade the breasts in the brine? I have a freezer full of goose breasts. Hunting has been real good this year in Michigan.

Crazy game last night. I thought the Hawkeyes were going to win for sure. Great defensive battle.

It probably marinaded for 14 hrs. Next time I will add something to get some more spice but this was still very good!

I was cheering for the Spartans. The bandwagon is over flowing in Iowa with Hawk fans.

Back