Grill grates question

I have noticed that on my Blackstone, anything other than smash burgers - relatively small amount of meat - the juices released do affect the crust formation...usually have to move em around and scoot the grease to the drain.

I have noticed that on my Blackstone, anything other than smash burgers - relatively small amount of meat - the juices released do affect the crust formation...usually have to move em around and scoot the grease to the drain.

Exactly! You can get a good crust, but like you said, a lot more moving around.
878af224d99f4e4c35c6e38e2bd67c39.jpg

Nice! Now dirty them up!

I have a set on my gasser, love them for all the reasons already listed. I use regular grates on my charcoal grill, for maximum flavor from the coals.

Yep! Good call on flipping the Primo grates upside down to put the GG closer to the charcoal.

I took em on their maiden voyage last night for a steak and some shrimp (a poorly done rendition of DerHusker's atomic shrimp) and they worked great. Definitely had the Primo running a tad on the warm side (425* dome temp) I think, the bacon I wrapped around the shrimp scorched very quickly, I'm sure the surface of the GG's was quite hot. The sear on the prime ribeye cap steaks was insane, a delicious slightly crunchy crust. Looking forward to playing around with these some more. :thumb:

Yep! Good call on flipping the Primo grates upside down to put the GG closer to the charcoal.

I took em on their maiden voyage last night for a steak and some shrimp (a poorly done rendition of DerHusker's atomic shrimp) and they worked great. Definitely had the Primo running a tad on the warm side (425* dome temp) I think, the bacon I wrapped around the shrimp scorched very quickly, I'm sure the surface of the GG's was quite hot. The sear on the prime ribeye cap steaks was insane, a delicious slightly crunchy crust. Looking forward to playing around with these some more. :thumb:

That SEAR... that plate’o’food... [emoji7]

Back