THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kingt36

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
My name is Trae and I'm joining from the Atlanta metro area, specifically Stone Mountain. I'm originally from Wichita, KS and have only been in the Atlanta area since 2008. I have a wife of 12 years and two daughters, 4 and 1. I spent some time at Kansas State and am a huge fan.

I've always enjoyed BBQ, however it only became a hobby for me in the last few years. I first began thinking it was something I could do when my father in law introduced me to smoking. I went out and bought a BBQ Grillware propane smoker from Lowes in 2007, however I only used it a handful of times until 2010 when I began to use it regularly after joining another popular forum. Since then I've bought an Old Country Wrangler offset that I use most often. I also have a 22-in Weber kettle that I use for smaller smokes. I had a Traeger Lil Tex for a few weeks, but didn't care much for it and sent it back. Right now I've got my eye on a Humphrey's Deadeast Beast and am beginning to set aside some money for that purchase.

I'm a member of KCBS and am excited about attending the CBJ class in Athens next month. Eventually I'd like to join/start a team and start competing.

I look forward to contributing to this forum and learning from the many experts here.

Welcome to the forum Trae, glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to the forum Trae, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here. The Beast isn't for everybody, its big, it's heavy, but she works like a a gift from heaven...

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many other different forums here...
For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses". We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs from different areas around our country.

Thanks for the generous welcome everyone!

IamMadMen, your thread about the DownEast Beast is what made me decide to join this forum. I had only become familiar with the Humphreys that day and a google search pointed me to your thread. You pretty much put me over the edge....

Now I've just got to get the money! :)

Thanks for the generous welcome everyone!

IamMadMan, your thread about the DownEast Beast is what made me decide to join this forum. I had only become familiar with the Humphreys that day and a google search pointed me to your thread. You pretty much put me over the edge....

Now I've just got to get the money! :)

Feel free to ask questions, we would all be happy to assist you. Feel free to Private Message me with any concerns you might have about the Humphrey's or just ask them in the public forum. As far as saving the money to buy, in my opinion it's not the fact that it's worth every penny, it's the fact that it worth much more!!!!!

Back