Green Chile Stew and Check is in The Mail

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I canceled my bank account and the PayPal linked to it is gone as well. My membership check to this wonderful site is in the mail.

Leftovers for lunch. Chopped some stored XXHOT green Chile. Sweat those with purple onion, garlic and added a nice tomatillos salsa. Chopped mesquite smoked brisket and leftover Porterhouse and added to the pot. Added Oregeno and Cumin along with some Green Chile Rub. Once blended added chicken stock and grits for a thickener. One of our favorite leftovers meal

Last edited:

This would've made a grand "Slopper"

If not familiar with "slopper" Google it. One of my fishing trips this year in Central Colorado I ordered a green Chile Cheeseburger. It was served as a slopper- I was schooled on the term and quite pleased.

16adams

That chile stew looks good. If you never had Hatch Chiles from Mexico, I highly recommend them. I picked some up from Wegmans this month but I will tell you this, Wegmans only sale them one weekend out of a year and it is usually in September. You can get them either raw or roasted. The wife used them for stuff chiles with ground beef, onion, tomato, seasoning and shredded cheese. It was outstanding!!!!

Looks awesome!

I went the lazy dude route and simply bought green chile sauce from the local New Mexican restaurant we ate at last nite. Good stuff!

I like the fact that a 32-oz jar is listed as 4 servings :razz:

Attachments

• poco&moms.jpg
    poco&moms.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 49
Just to clear it up, Hatch chili comes from Hatch "New Mexico". No passport needed.

That's right boggie,

One of my favorite sights is taking I-25 to your neck of the woods and seeing the blowtorches and drum roasters heating up the Hatch goodness on roadsides through land of enchantment. I still have a bag of dried from Chimayo NM

So what happens when you write a check, mail it, and the recipient tries to cash it on a bank account that has been closed..hmm..kind of puts you in a stew I'd think.

Back