Great Char-Griller Customer Service

BrewHo

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
BrewHo
I bought a NIB Char-Griller Akorn off Craigslist a few weeks ago. The axle was missing when I unpacked and assembled it. I was afraid I’d have problems registering the warranty because I didn’t have the original purchase receipt, and also worried that would also be an issue with customer service about the missing axle.

My worries were unfounded. Registration went smoothly when I sent a photo of the original product labeling showing serial number instead of the requested image of the purchase receipt.

Emailed customer service asking where the axle would be packed so I could double check that if not overlooked it, and they offered to replace if I couldn’t find it. Looked where they said, couldn’t find it, so I emailed that info and they said they’d order the replacement. It was less then a week later that the replacement axle showed up. No hassle, I didn’t even have to fill out a form to request they just shipped it to address on the warranty registration.

Very impressive quality service.

Matches the quality I’ve seen in the product. I’ve been using it a few times a week since I got it and it has performed flawlessly. I’ve been eating well since I got it, even better than my usual high standards. Haven’t yet done a really long cook, was planning one for this weekend but got distracted finishing my rebuild of the New Braunfels so maybe sometime this week.

So I would recommend the Akorn, so far, and have no reason to expect that to change when I try the long cook.

And major compliments to their customer service. Consistently find them to be a quality outfit.

Good Customer Service is a big deal to me. Great to hear good news like this. Smoke on Brother!

It’s a big deal to me too.

I also look for other details that tell me about organizational excellence. Product quality of course. But it’s the little things, like how easy the warranty registration is. And that when the registration was processed there was not only an acknowledgement email but they also smoothly started sending me their marketing spam without being obnoxious about it. The fact that the customer service rep was able to take my email and deliver the missing part with no intervening action required on my part shows they’ve got both marketing and customer service smoothly integrated with the registration database. I’ve spent decades in IT and know how rare it is to have all those parts moving smoothly together. I’ll tolerate a reasonable amount of marketing spam as a small price to pay for the excellent customer service. Overall every impression I’ve had has reinforced my initial impression of high quality. Now I’m wondering if they are publicly traded...

Back