THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whisky

is one Smokin' Farker
Moose inspired... Trying a new style of pizza, for me. Got a new 12x12 pan, seasoned it up, and made some dough 24hrs in advance.

500g NY style dough, pepperoni and ground beef seasoned into "Itl sausage".

11 min cook in my Breville Smart Oven Air Pro on a 12x12 stone, stone temp 490-500.

It was good, but everytime I've ever made a pizza in a pan, I ask myself why?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
9d9778b62c23b469723a49a540e7b715.jpg
25f17f576e8cd639febc75398b1118f3.jpg
13029da2331721ada63f7fd84270cc17.jpg
0d7d4d40b4752e58fab4a13003ac43fa.jpg
8205653513019247c12f0b8f8332098c.jpg
f2f21730a88983ac45bda15bf23b229e.jpg

Looks pretty darn good to me! What didn't quite float your boat with this pie?

This was one of my better pan pizzas. Next time I'd probably go with 475g dough...That said, I just prefer a thinner pizza cooked at higher temps on stone.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Nice pie. I got two of those pans and have them seasoned. Yet to do the par bake-ins. looking forward to the real thing soon.

Looks good. I love pizza and experiment with different recipes and cooking methods. I tried making it on the Yoder last time, but I always come back to the GMG pizza attachment in the MAK. Just can’t seem to beat it.

I'm not a huge pizza guy but I'm trying to up my game - everyone else in the fam and extended fam love 'em. I can tell you that that pizza wouldn't last but a few minutes over here. So by any measure, its a win.

I'm my own worst critic. As I'm sure most of you are with your own BBQ. Just had some leftovers re-heated in the air fryer, they were pretty good actually.

I will try it again...
475g dough
More sauce
More cheese

I thought I errored on the side of extra sauce and cheese. Apparently this style can handle more than a guy thinks.

Nice looking pie. I dabbled in pizza a few years back. Couldn't make anything I liked better than a large jets square

I'm sure there are probably some better Detroit style pies than Jet's, but their Detroit square is the best pizza I've ever had from a chain, that's for sure. This is what I will be shooting for when I start making pan pizzas - nice crispy outer crust that is soft and pillowy inside.

I'm sure there are probably some better Detroit style pies than Jet's, but their Detroit square is the best pizza I've ever had from a chain, that's for sure. This is what I will be shooting for when I start making pan pizzas - nice crispy outer crust that is soft and pillowy inside.

I would agree, it's my favorite chain pizza. it's not a true Detroiter. there's 3 who do it right and they are all have a claim to founder. buddy's is the original. cloverleaf is another and I actually worked there in high school. louie's is just down the road from me.

until prices jumped this year a large jets square was $10, you just can't beat that....and they have the best ranch

Back