THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think my photo is throwing people off. This photo shows two racks stacked.As far as I know, I did a proper St. Lois cut.

I took the two untrimmed racks, cut the flap off of the bone side, and then squared the racks, using the longest bone as a guide for cutting the tip meat off. I didn't take a before picture. The racks started off rectangular. It looks like the meat didn't shrink up evenly, either.

picture.php

CD

Beautiful ribs there Dog!
Alas, I'm a Vikings fan so...I got...nuthin.:tsk:

I'm with ya there Deguerre! I'm a Viking Diehard, think about it this way, we didn't lose this week:clap2:. Those ribs do look tasty, I did spares & a keilbasa yesterday on my weber kettle. Made 4.25# & thought I would have leftovers for lunch today. Not even enough to feed the dogs any scraps, all my kids had thirds or more! How long did you cook them for & when did you pull the tips? I didn't pull the tips & the bark was rather thick & tough but the meat was awesome. Good job & thanks for any info

I picked up some un-enhanced spares at Costco, and cut them St. Louis style. I made a rub using Dr. BBQ's Big Time Rub recipe -- my favorite rib rub. They are smoking now on the WSM with some apple wood chunks, and should be perfect in time for the farking game of the week -- Pittsburgh Steelers vs the Baltimore Ratbirds.

Always a hard hitting, smash mouth rivalry game, even though the Steelers are like 26 and 8 against the Ratbirds and 3 for 3 in the playoffs against them.

It promises to be a good game, and I will have some good eats for it.

I'll post up some pr0n of the ribs when they are done.

CD

Hey bro,

Looks like them ratbirds handed yer butts back to you.... AGAIN!

That's twice this year, eh?

Hope yer eats were better than the Steeler's QB.

Lets Go Ravens!

Back