THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Ran some errands today and was trying to finds some decent looking butts for an event. Case was full, but found none that looked great so didn't get any.

I did however see the beef case with some nice looking plate and short ribs. Normal plates were $6/lb and the shorts were $4/lb. Problem with the $4lb 4 pack of shorts is that they all looked super thin which is common. Even went to the halal case that sometimes has a 2 pack that look thick, but nothing.

Then saw on the "shame rack" they had four 4-packs of plate ribs marked for $3lb :clap2:. 3 of the packs the vacuum was broke, including one where there was a slight hole. All past the oldest julian date so clearly rolling the dice :becky:.

I smelled the one that had a hole in it and I wouldn't have taken it for free :twitch:. Bought the 23lb pack that still had a tight vacuum rolling the dice and knowing I could bring it back.

Smelled fine when I opened it! :biggrin1:. So trimmed them all up and put 2 in the freezer and pic show what I have 2 marinading in for tomorrow. Going asian theme and will do some sort of ginger/garlic/onion rub on them when I smoke. Sauce will be hoisin based.

VCQtqKil.jpg

G8bFoDSl.jpg

mK6jQUbl.jpg

G4DhCuol.jpg

kxcpzTKl.jpg

ohAbJGMl.jpg

C0Da8Cpl.jpg

livc9pzl.jpg

Heck yeah, gonna season them up and throw them on the Shi...wait, never mind. Maybe get 2 bones on the Whiskey Still :oops:

.................:mmph: :becky: lol

My next Shirley will be here in another month or so :becky:.

Not sure if these will go on they CH5, backyarder, still etc. So many easy bake ovens to choose from. Could throw everyone for a loop and cook em on the egg :loco:

Jason,

Wow, those look awesome. Glad to see you keeping hydrated! Care to share the recipe?

Thanks,
Greg

Oh, Good Lord.... those ribs "would make a bulldog break his chain" as my grandfather would say.

You can keep the boxed mac, but a finger or three of that Boondocks would be a thoroughly interesting accompaniment.

I'm curious about your thoughts on the flavors on those ribs... I'll bet it really "makes" the ribs & mac experience.

Enjoy your weekend with the family.

Kind regards and thin blue.

Oh, Good Lord.... those ribs "would make a bulldog break his chain" as my grandfather would say.

You can keep the boxed mac, but a finger or three of that Boondocks would be a thoroughly interesting accompaniment.

I'm curious about your thoughts on the flavors on those ribs... I'll bet it really "makes" the ribs & mac experience.

Enjoy your weekend with the family.

Kind regards and thin blue.

Lol, similar to my taste for good and bad beer, good and bad whiskey, good ribs and the McRib......my taste bud "variety" also extends into mac territory :becky:

I like the spin of flavor on these beef ribs. Might be my new go to. A different savory/sweet layer. We have a bunch of leftover that we'll work into an instant pot recipe tomorrow :clap2:

Back