THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
My Maverick 732 was delivered to me this evening :

2qd7peg.jpg

Any advice on use or care of this device? I don't want to break it.

Last edited:
I have the 733. I didn't read the manual (typical) and it took me a little bit to figure it out, but I got it down now.

I took a quart size ziplock bag and cut a V from one side of the bag so I can hang it over it like a raincoat when it is wet out.

I've dropped it a few times and still works flawless. The only thing to be careful with are the probes. As mentioned don't kink them or pinch them in a lid or something. I wash my probes after each cook with warm water and dish soap and dry them quickly and store. Works perfect for almost 18 months now when I got it.

You will also want to order 6' probes. May as well do it now. When one of the originals crap out, you will be prepared. Notice I said "when" not "if".

Wow, I just checked the price of those 2 probes on Amazon, $15 a piece..that's crazy.. 1/2 the price of the whole device.

Is there another source for probes that'll work with this device?

I think $5 per is fair. An ebay chinese one would be great!

Some perspective on my thinking: I pay $1 for an HDMI cable on ebay with free shipping. HDMI cables at the stores are $30-$60 or more dollars -- nuts!

What Mikemci said. Not if but when. Order several spares. When they break you won't really care. If you don't you will kick yourself. Please don't ask me how I know this.

The ties that hold the probes together when they first are opened fresh out of the box are twist ties, like you would find on a bread bag. They look like zip ties but are NOT zip ties. Do not use scissors to get them off.

Don't ask...

Back