THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't beat a stick burner! Looking at those pics makes me want to refurb the old dera and get her going again!

Take good care of her Vinny, you done good. I wanted that pit for myself but there was no way I could I swing it since losing my job last May. I feel good knowing it is going to be used and treated with Brethren Love.:biggrin:

Congrats, Milt! That is a great pit! I've cooked in it at two or three bashes at Greg's house. I would have bought it for myself but I don't gave room for any more cookers :)

Very cool to see it stay in the family! I thought about it more than once myself, but burning the diesel and pulling a trailer always messed up the math!

Thanks Guys... Looks like I was not the only one who had interest in that pit...

Bigdog - The biggest problem with MOAB for me is that it's so tall and I'm short. I would have needed Klose to weld up a matching mountable ladder/stool so I could reach the upper shelves !!!! Regardless the MOAB is a beast, and looks like you've not got some new experiments to test out....

I'll update as things develop.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys... Looks like I was not the only one who had interest in that pit...

Bigdog - The biggest problem with MOAB for me is that it's so tall and I'm short. I would have needed Klose to weld up a matching mountable ladder/stool so I could reach the upper shelves !!!! Regardless the MOAB is a beast, and looks like you've not got some new experiments to test out....

I'll update as things develop.

True that Brother Milt. :wink: The bottom line is that I'm glad that I have the MOAB and you have Greg's BYC. Lots of good memories for lots of good friends cooked on it, including Scott (kcquer). :icon_cool

Parrothead called me today and said he's got a guy coming over tomorrow with a bobcat to get the pit out to the front of the house.

If all goes well, we may have truck pick up on Friday at Greg's in IL with delivery to me in NY on Mon or Tues.

Gonna need to stop picking on Phil so we plan a date in the weeks ahead for his expertise on the refurbishment.... Gotta get some logs on order too

Stay tuned !!

Back