THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know it goes without saying, but if I don't say it, it will most likely come back to bite me, so please note that MABA Rule 6a does not apply at The Go Naked BBQ Show(down). No electric.

We're thinking about coming up Fri and camping in our spot - is that still an option? (No rv or anything, just the cookers, camping tent, etc.)

Nice contest!

Wow, I am too late to this party for sure, but I just wanted to give a shout out to say that I like the spirit of your competition. The art of BBQ seems to be getting lost to the world of glorified ovens and it is nice to see people going Old School.

I realize that you guys are already full up, but I did still have a question. For competitions, I only use an Auspit rotisserie over an open fire pit, like this:
IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

They are battery powered. Would that be allowed under the rules you are using?

--Jonny Rotisserie

Wow, I am too late to this party for sure, but I just wanted to give a shout out to say that I like the spirit of your competition. The art of BBQ seems to be getting lost to the world of glorified ovens and it is nice to see people going Old School.

I realize that you guys are already full up, but I did still have a question. For competitions, I only use an Auspit rotisserie over an open fire pit, like this:

They are battery powered. Would that be allowed under the rules you are using?

--Jonny Rotisserie

They would not be allowed, as they are electric.......and would give you an unfair advantage over folks who have to spin their spits by hand:becky:.

I like your style but it would not be alllowed, as strange as that may seem, the line was drawn at electric....period

I thought I saw it in the thread earlier, but I can't find it now. Is propane allowed to reheat sauces (no meat) KCBS style? If not we're good, its one less thing to bring :)

(If you don't see this before tonight we'll just ask when we get there, no big deal.)

Can't wait!!

(Update: I'm stupid, its right there in the FAQ. Stoves are ok so long as meat "aided in cooking"..)

Back